Elevation Marketing B2B PPC Agency Services
Partner With B2B PPC Experts
Elevation Marketing is a business-to-business (B2B) marketing company that provides integrated marketing solutions to our clients. Our B2B PPC agency services deliver pay-per-click tactics that drive the right audiences to our clients’ websites including:
- Keyword research and analysis
- Market and industry research
- PPC campaign management
- Custom landing pages and A/B testing
- Display and contextual retargeting ads
- Paid search engine marketing (SEM)
- Google Ad management services
- Conversion tracking and reporting
- Goal tracking and reporting
Request a PPC Proposal.
Contact Elevation today. You’ll love the results.
Request an SEO or PPC Proposal.
Contact Elevation today. You’ll love the results.
Pay-Per-Click (PPC) is a type of internet marketing where advertisers pay every time an ad is clicked. The most popular type of PPC is paid search advertising but PPC is also widely used in display, retargeting, programmatic and paid social advertising. While the intent is to drive qualified traffic, the end-goal is conversions—sales.
We find that the best results are achieved in B2B by identifying the right combination of these options for each agency.
Paid Advertising Types Effective in B2B Marketing Campaigns
Paid search marketing allows agencies to bid for ad placement on search engines such as Google and Bing. Your ads are displayed when someone searches on a targeted keyword that is related to a specific business offering. Paid search is a highly effective conversion tactic because the ads are directly relevant to the searcher’s needs. We find it the most effective paid ad method for driving leads and sales.
Display advertising is online advertising that uses static or animated images, videos or rich media ads to distribute your message across websites on platforms such as the Google Display Network (GDN) and industry specific publisher websites. Elevation uses this tactic to increase brand awareness and drive leads for our clients.
Programmatic advertising is a form of display advertising that utilizes automated technology to reach your targeted audience wherever they consume media. We use this strategy in a wide variety of advertising types from display to digital out-of-home, native content and streaming television. Programmatic advertising is a powerful approach to accurately target prospects by attributes. It utilizes behavioral targeting that includes contextual targeting, third-party and first-party data and more.
Paid Social Media
Paid social is advertising on social media platforms such as LinkedIn and Facebook with the goal of targeting specific audiences and customers. You can use it to increase exposure, amplify content, drive traffic, nurture relationships and generate leads for your agency. At Elevation we use paid social for its niche and granular targeting abilities to reach specific B2B consumers.
Retargeting campaigns are used to target consumers that have visited your website or a specific interest page. Visitors are identified by a retargeting pixel that has been placed on the web page. This allows us to reengage a visitor with a relevant visual or text ad and direct them back to the site. Retargeting has a high ROI because the visitor is already familiar with your brand or website and is more likely to convert after more than one touch point. Combined with other PPC strategies feeding the marketing funnel such as paid search, paid social and display, retargeting allows us to reduce the overall cost-per-lead (CPL) within our paid campaign efforts.
How B2B PPC agencies differ from B2C
Businesses that sell to consumers tend to advertise to a much wider audience than those that sell business-to-business. B2Bs target the specific industries, trades or verticals they serve, narrowing in on the decision-makers who will purchase their product or service.
For this reason, Elevation’s approach to B2B advertising is much more strategic and targeted. Our paid search engine marketing and PPC management for B2B uses the right tactics to target the right audiences with the right messages.
Elevation’s digital experts perform in-depth keyword research to identify the keyword phrases and terms that receive high Quality Scores, meaning they will capture and pull in your target audience—the gatekeepers, buyers, decision-makers and influencers in your target industry. With high Quality Scores, your ad spend goes farther.
How PPC and SEO work hand-in-hand to increase ROI
Although paid PPC campaigns and organic search engine optimization (SEO) campaigns run separately, they can work together as they typically utilize the same keywords to drive search engine traffic. When your PPC and SEO campaigns are on target, your company can dominate more real estate on a search engine results page (SERP), with your paid ad at the top and your organic campaign in the middle. In addition, the keyword data from your paid campaign and your SEO keyword strategy can be shared between teams to optimize your overall return. In fact, paid search ads increase the likelihood that your organic search listing are clicked or that a person will not click your ad but come directly to your site. In this way, ads drive free traffic to your site even when not clicked.
Marketers must stay on top of algorithm changes to maintain and increase performance
Targeting isn’t a matter of set-it-and-forget-it. The recent update to Google Ads search terms has made it more difficult to eliminate irrelevant or costly keywords from PPC campaigns. As a result, advertisers must monitor their search campaigns closely and optimize for leads/cost per ad (CPA) instead of cost-per-click (CPC). Additionally, copy must be written in a way that carefully addresses your target audience.
As algorithms change for paid ads on Google search, Google Display Network (GDN), LinkedIn, Facebook and so on, Elevation adjusts our digital plan, which requires rigorous A/B testing, ad management and keyword maintenance.
PPC advertising is tactical
When PPC campaigns aren’t targeted or strategic, Google ads and other digital advertising tactics tend to pull in visitors who aren’t a good fit for the B2B company’s services. To attract the right B2B prospects, decrease spend and increase share of clicks, a B2B agency must implement a strategic plan across all PPC campaigns. Elevation’s PPC strategy drives the cost of paid ads down and increases share of clicks, quality leads and conversions.
The 6 Steps of a Successful B2B PPC Campaign
- Understand the client’s goals and brand – During this process we ask clients probing questions about what their KPIs, goals and objectives are for their PPC campaigns. We also gather any campaign parameters that we need to align with to ensure brand compliance.
- Create a keyword matrix – For the keyword matrix, we gather any known details around the client’s keyword selection, such as the SEO audit and client provided keywords. Then we proceed to utilize web tools that assist in additional keyword research. These tools include Google’s keyword planner, SpyFu, Semrush, etc. After conducting extensive research, we gather the keywords and group them together in tightly themed groups that eventually become ad groups. The groups’ parameters are defined by the keyword’s relevancy and relation to one another.
- Define Ad creative parameters – The next step in the process is creating an ad guidance document outlining the ad creative specs, ad copy writing guidelines, as well as details around the ad copy, ad group focus, and landing page URLs. The ad writing guidelines include a description of what needs to be included in the ad per each ad group theme; keywords are also identified and provided to be included in the ad creative.
- Set up and launch campaign – After the keyword matrix and the ad creative guidance are finalized and approved, the next step is to set up the Google Ads campaign (search campaign) utilizing various tactics, configurations and best practices as defined from years of hands-on experience. At this point we also make sure that the campaign build aligns with the client’s marketing needs. Once the campaign has gone through quality assurance (QA) and is approved, it is launched.
- On-going management – Once the campaign is configured and launched, the on-going management begins for the course of the campaign’s flight dates. During the on-going management phase, we use the following optimization tactics to ensure campaign performance: add negative keywords, adjust ad scheduling, fine tune geo-targets and keyword bidding.
- Tracking and reporting – The last piece of the puzzle is ensuring that all attribution tracking is funneling in properly into Google Ads, Google Analytics and HubSpot. Utilizing these attribution tracking platforms helps us formulate the client’s reporting, based on the data pulled from these platforms. The client reporting is configured using the client’s objective key performance indicators (KPIs) and previously identified metrics and insights that are most relevant to their needs. Proper analytics tracking and reporting is critical to the success of the campaign.
Improve Your PPC Conversions with Elevation Marketing
As your dedicated B2B PPC agency, Elevation goes beyond the level of paid advertising consultants to bring high-quality traffic to your site. Our experts focus on the most qualified lead generation and campaign execution.
By leveraging PPC tactics, including pay-per-click ads, paid advertising, digital display ads, paid search techniques and other forms of paid internet advertising, we help your brand own more first-page real estate, grab a greater percentage of the traffic, and ultimately, maximize conversions and revenue.
Our strategic PPC services include:
- Keyword targeting and placement
- Ad placement (Google, Bing, etc.)
- Routine campaign maintenance
- Landing page management
Fill in the form on the right for your free B2B PPC proposal.